Monday, January 4, 2010

December at Natural Light Photography

Well...2009, that's a wrap! It's been a very exciting, happening year but actually all I can think about right now is how cold I am. Brr...
Anyway, Happy New Year everybody, and welcome to 2010. Here's what is NEW and EXCITING at Natural Light Photography for 2010. (And by the way, is it "twenty - ten"? or "two-thousand and ten", or just "two thousand ten?) Not sure.

NEW FOR 2010 (however you say it...)

CUSTOM FRAMING - I'm so excited to be able to finally offer this to you. So many customers are so excited to bring their photos home, only to have them lie around while their owners try to find a "good time" to "go get this thing framed already." No more. You can now choose a gorgeous frame at the same time you choose your photos, so when you come pick them up you can take home a custom framed, beautifully prepared portrait that is ready to hang in less than two minutes.
The frames are manufactured by a leading photographic industry company and are two-inch solid wood mouldings. They come in four sizes and four magnificent colors: sleek, modern black, rich mahogony, sterling silver, and a gorgeous bronze. So far they match every photo in my studio sample room and they look simply stunning. And here's the best part.... ta da!
I am able to offer these frames at BELOW wholesale prices (due to certain connections...) so you don't have to worry that you're paying more for the convenience, cuz... you're not!
Of course, my gorgeous frameless gallery wraps are still available as well.

On Location Portraiture Perfect for photographing that brand new newborn, the toddler afraid of the studio, the upsherin boy, or any family that simply prefers to have their photographs down in their real-life setting. I will come down to your home or setting and photograph the subject using whatever available light I can find. Usually a large window or two is perfect. Available light photos have a special "look" to them. There is a warmth and naturalness that can't be duplicated under artificial lighting. Feel free to email me for some samples.
The Coffee-Table Book is the perfect complement to your available-light session. I will sit down with you and together we design a 10 page book using your images and the text you provide. These books are absolutely stunning and can not begin to compare to the "do-it-yourself" photobooks available on commercial digital photo sites. My coffee-table books come in three square sizes and a choice of four magnificent papers. All books open completely flat and come with leather, fabric, or fully custom-designed covers and dust jackets. By the way, these also work wonderfully as a "Baby's First Year Book". We can use a combination of mine and your photos. (I have two books of my own that I leaf through at least once a week...) Prices start at $450.

Chosson/Kallah Photo Sessions
(Makes a GREAT gift!) Mazal Tov! You engaged or know someone who is? Treat yourself/them to an engagement portrait session that they will treasure absolutely forever. This is a chance to capture what the couple is truly about on film and doesn't have the "formality" of wedding photos. All sessions are handled with the couple's unique needs and specifications in mind and include a pre-session consultation. May be done in the studio or on location. My 10x30 custom collages are the perfect complement to these. Call for an appointment.

And of course we continue to offer:
*exquisite newborn photography
*Upsherin before/after, with special attention to the fearful toddler
*Custom Wall Collections... like nobody else's.
*Seasonal Discounts, special offers.......ask!

I had a wonderful Chanukah and met some truly special families. I apologize that this month there were quite a few of you who asked me not to post their photos, so it'll just be a couple of photos this time, but I've included a special slideshow down below of "My Boys Through The Years". (Girls and babies to follow). Enjoy.

From december


This family's mother secretly got her children together and photographed them as a surprise birthday present for her husband. I was very impressed with the obvious warmth and closeness between all the siblings. We put together a beautiful 20x24 gallery wrap. Happy Birthday Dad!


Finally! My first international customers! These guys hail all the way from Toronto! When I saw these boys, I was impressed with their flattering profiles. I immediately imagined a series of black-on-black profile shots using special profile lighting. They came out exactly as I hoped. Here's little Aryeh.

From december


From december


Big brother, Zev.

From december




From december


Big sister Shira had an equally flattering profile and equally beautiful photos but to see those you'll have to travel to Toronto and view them on the family's wall. :)

We did do a few full-face shots as well of the boys; see here.
From december


From december


I still haven't forgotten about baby Tzvi's two year portraits but the poor tot has been having one cold / ear infection after the other. Hopefully we'll get to him one of these days.

Enjoy the slideshow... some of these pictures brought back some great memories, especially the real early ones...



Happy viewing everyone, and as always, I appreciate your comments and feedback.

1 comment:

Gitty said...

Bravo!!! I love that film! Each picture is better than the next, its too hard to choose the perfect pic. I can't stop marveling over Michoel and Yitzy!